The First Kalma Tayyab, also known as the “Kalima Tayyab” is the fundamental declaration of faith in Islam. It’s a simple statement that every Muslim recites as a testament to their belief in the oneness of Allah (God) and the prophethood of Muhammad (peace be upon him).
First Kalma Tayyab in Arabic
لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ
First Kalma Tayyab in English
“La ilaha illallah, Muhammadur rasulullah.”
“There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.”
First Kalma Tayyab Pronunciation
1st Kalima Benefits
Here are some of the specific benefits of reciting the Kalima:
- Forgiveness of sins: The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “Whoever says: La ilaha illallah, muhammadur rasulullah, truly believes with his heart and tongue, then Allah will forgive his sins, both past and future.” (Sahih Muslim)
- Peace and tranquility: The Kalima is a reminder of the oneness of God and the prophethood of Muhammad. This can bring a person a sense of peace and tranquility, knowing that they are following the right path.
- Guidance: The Kalima is a guide to living a righteous life. It teaches us to worship Allah alone, to follow the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad, and to avoid evil.
- Protection from evil: The Kalima is a protection from evil. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “Whoever says: La ilaha illallah, muhammadur rasulullah, will be protected from the punishment of the grave.” (Sahih Muslim)
- Entry into Paradise: The Kalima is a guarantee of entry into Paradise. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “Whoever says: La ilaha illallah, muhammadur rasulullah, will enter Paradise.” (Sahih Bukhari)
It is important to recite the Kalima with sincerity and understanding. We should believe in the meaning of the Kalima with our hearts and tongues. When we do so, we will be rewarded by Allah with many blessings.